Contact Aneesha Thobani, MD
Buffalo General Medical Center
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- Fellow, Cardiovascular Disease, Emory University School of Medicine
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, Biology and Sociology, Emory University
- American College of Medicine, Fellow in Training
- American Heart Association
- National Lipid Association, Fellow in Training, DEI
- American Society of Preventive Cardiology, FIT/EC Workgroup Committee Lead
- Co-Chair and Co-President, Women in Cardiology, Emory Chapter
- Distinction in Service to the Community
- Bays HE, Kulkarni A, […] Thobani A, […], Toth P. Ten Things to Know About Ten Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors – 2022.American Journal of Preventive Cardiology. 2022 April 6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajpc.2022.100342
- Agarwal A, Thobani A, Garcia M, Fatade Y, Tummala L, Isiadeniso I, Sperling L. Chapter 26: Cardiovascular Disease.The Complete Guide to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease for Clinicians. Slack incorporated. In print. 2022.
- Baer JT, Mehta A, Thobani A. Fundamentals of Vascular Biology: Lipid Metabolism and Lipid Abnormalities. In: Rao SV, Welt F, eds. Cardiac Catheterization & Interventional Cardiology Self-Assessment Program (CathSAP). Washington, DC: American College of Cardiology; 2022. Available atwww.acc.org/cathsap. Accessed 03/03/2022.
- Thobani A, Wenger N. Book Chapter 3: Cardiovascular Disease Risk Management: Dyslipidemia.Handbook of Outpatient Cardiology, Springer. 2022.
- Thobani A, Jacobson TA. Dyslipidemia in Patients with Kidney Disease.Cardiol Clin. 2021 August;39(3):353-363. doi: 10.1016/j.ccl.2021.04.008. PMID: 34247749.
- Thobani A, Hassen L, Mehta LS, Agarwala A. Management of Hypercholesterolemia in Pregnant Women with Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2021 August 4;23(10):58. doi: 10.1007/s11883-021-00957-w. PMID: 34345940.
- Vatsa N, Thobani A, Buendita L, Murphy K, Asier S, Chen Z, Ko Y, Putnam, T, Mehta PK. Lundberg PL. Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Younger Black Women: Results from the 10,000 Women Community Screening Project. American Heart Journal Plus: Cardiology Research and Practice. 2021 August.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahjo.2021.100037
- Thobani A, McLaughlin T, Sperling S. The Global Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease Among People Living with Diabetes: Leading with Heart. Expert Analysis.American College of Cardiology. 2021 June. https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2021/06/21/13/05/the- global-prevention-of-cvd-among-people-living-with-diabetes
- Thobani A, Sachdeva R, Kumar G. Multi-modality Imaging in Cardiac Amyloidosis.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. Volume 77, supp 18, pg 2259. 2021.
- Thobani A, Sachdeva R, Kumar G. Multi-modality Imaging in Cardiac Amyloidosis. Journal of the American College of Cardiology.ACC Conference 2021. Oral poster presentation.
- Thobani A, When you hear hoofbeats don’t always think of a zebra: A classic case of cardiac amyloidosis. Department of Cardiovascular Disease. Emory University. Fellow’s Talk. November 2020.
- Thobani A, BST Mode: Primary Prevention Guideline for Cardiovascular Disease. Department of Internal Medicine. Emory at Grady. Resident’s Conference. November 2019.
- Thobani A, Mehta PK, Asier S, Li L, Murphy K, Lundberg GP. How Can We Reduce Cardiovascular Disease Risks in African American Women?National Lipid Association Scientific Sessions 2019. Accepted March 2019. Miami, FL.
Fluent in Hindi and Urdu