Contact Dr. Awad El-Ashry, MD
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Phone: (716) 859-7600
Fax: (716) 859-2885
- Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Surgery, MD Anderson/UT Houston Memorial
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Alabama – Birmingham
- Residency, General Surgery, Yale University
- Residency, General Surgery, New York Hospital/Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- M.B.B.CH, University of Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
- House Officer, MD, Alexandria Main University Hospital, Egypt
- Board Certified, General Surgery
- Board Certified, Thoracic Surgery
- Member, Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Member, Southern Thoracic Surgical Association
- Hospital Service Award as a Chief Resident, General Surgery 2014
- Full scholarship in Alexandria School of medicine 1999-2006.
- Award of Excellence in Basic Science courses 2000, 2001, 2002.
- Awad El-Ashry, Harleen K Sandhu, Tom C. Nguyen, Ali Azizzadeh, Kristofer M Charlton-Ouw, Charles C Miller, Hazim J Safi, Anthony L Estrera.A Comparison of Direct Aortic versus Femoral Cannulation During Repairs of Acute Type A Aortic Dissection. Presented at the American Association for Thoracic Surgeons, Aortic Symposium, New York, May 2016
- Awad El-Ashry M.D., Anthony Estrera M.D. Patch Repair of Isolated Right Sinus Of Valsalva Aneurysm (Ann Thorac Surg 2016;101:e199–201) 2016 by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Awad El-Ashry, Kathleen J. Samuels, BA, Kirk Shelley, Aymen Alian, David G. Silverman. Changes in Heart Rate Variability During Simulated Hypovolemia: Evidence of a Role for Parasympathetics. ASA A1105,2009
- Awad A. El-Ashry, MD, John C. Ryan BS, Richa Wardhan, MD, Kirk H. Shelley, MD, Ph.D., David G. Silverman, M.D. Early Changes in Heart Rate Variability and Vascular Tone During Blood Withdrawal From Volunteers. ASA A882,2009
- Awad El-Ashry,M.D. ,Robert Cerfolio,M.D.,F.A.C.S., David McGiffin,M.D. Cardiac Paraganglioma. Review paper, Journal of Cardiac Surgery, doi: 10.1111/jocs.12479 (J Card Surg 2015;30:135–139)
- Claudia Diaz-Tobar, Awad El-Ashry M.D., John D Christein, Klaus Mönkemüller Endoscopic repair of a massive postoperative pancreatic juice leak through the bile duct stump due to pancreatobiliary maljunction. Endoscopy 2014 22;46 Suppl 1 UCTN:E165-6. Epub 2014 Apr 22.
- Kathleen Samuels, Awad El-Ashry, Nicholas Galante, Aymen Alian, Kirk Shelley, David G Silverman, MD, Ed Tham, Chris Moore, Nina Stachenfeld, Keith Ruskin .Evaluation of a Field Measurement of Stroke Volume During Lower Body Negative Pressure. Aerospace Medical Association. Aviation and Space Medicine Assoc annual meeting June 2009.
- Kathleen J.Samuels, Ruskin, Awad El-Ashry, Kirk Shelley, David Silverman. Changes in Middle Cerebral Artery and Forehead Microvascular Flow During Simulated Hypovolemia. ASA A187, 2009
- Kathleen J.Samuels ,Awad El-Ashry ,Stachenfeld ,Kirk Shelley ,David Silverman. High Frequency Oscillations in the Forehead Microvasculature During Hypovolemia. ASA A521, 2009
- Richard Wardhan, M.D., John C Ryan, B.S., Awad A El-Ashry, M.D., David G Silverman, M.D. and Kirk H Shelley, M.D., Ph.D. Respiration-Induced Oscillations of Peripheral Venous Waveform During Blood Replacement. ASA A725, 2009